Many of the situations that bring people to a rehabilitation center or clinic are oftentimes unexpected and life-altering. At Baptist Health, we work with our patients and their family in a collaborative effort towards a goal of restoring individuals to their highest level of function, self-esteem and quality of life.
Whether you need weekly physical therapy for a sports injury in an outpatient setting or inpatient rehabilitation with physical, occupational and speech therapy for a stroke, Baptist Health will walk with you through each stage of your recovery. Through our progressive, multi-disciplinary approach, we provide comprehensive care to help you find your way back to a healthy, happy life.
At Baptist Health Rehabilitation Institute, we provide unparalleled inpatient therapy for those who have endured a traumatic medical event such as a brain injury, stroke or amputation. With accessible locations in Little Rock, North Little Rock, and Conway, our growing network of access points means trusted, expert care is always close by. Through our inpatient rehabilitation program, we unite as a team with the patient and their family to create realistic goals for the patient’s life after rehab – along with the treatment plan the patient needs to achieve them.
During the patients’ stay at Baptist Health Rehabilitation Institute, they spend a minimum of three hours a day, five days a week in a mix of therapy sessions customized to their condition. Our providers treat individuals with a variety of diagnoses and impairments, including:
- Amputation Rehabilitation
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Condition Rehabilitation
- Neurological Disorder Rehabilitation (multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, etc.)
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Occupational Therapy
- Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Weakness and Deconditioning Rehabilitation
In addition to award-winning inpatient rehabilitation offerings, Baptist Health offers innovative services at outpatient therapy clinics and home therapy offerings as well. With Baptist Health’s outpatient offerings in numerous locations, we can provide patients with skills and equipment to help restore quality of life.
Services available for outpatient therapy or home health include:
- Medication Therapy
- Pain Management
- Physical Therapy to address general strengthening and endurance, balance, mobility training such as getting in and out of a car or bed, walking training and fall prevention
- Occupational Therapy to address daily living activities such as cooking and dressing as well as energy conservation techniques
- Psychosocial Adjustment Counseling
- Home Equipment Needs Assessment
- Patient and Family Education from rehabilitation nurses and therapists
- Home Exercise and Activity Programs
- Dietary Counseling
- Respiratory Therapy
- Therapeutic Recreation Activities
- Resources for Home and Vehicle Modifications
Baptist Health Therapy Centers are located across the state. They offer a myriad of rehabilitation services provided by our experienced team of occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech therapists and neuropsychologists. Find a Baptist Health Therapy center near you.
Patients may be referred to Baptist Health Rehabilitation by physicians, family members, friends or a self-referral. A screening examination may be conducted prior to admission. The cost of treatment is covered as with any hospitalization depending on the patient or potential patient’s insurance carriers.
For a comprehensive overview of Baptist Health Rehabilitation’s award-winning care, download the annual report.
For additional information on how to begin the admission process or to schedule a tour call:
UAMS Baptist Health Radiation Therapy Center
3401 Springhill Dr.
Baptist Health Springhill Medical Plaza
First Floor, Suite 130
North Little Rock, AR 72117
General Information 501-214-2460 Appointments 501-214-2460 Fax Number 501-214-2461 Referrals Phone Number 501-214-2460
Mon – Fri 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
If you are in need of urgent or emergency care, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency department at your local hospital.
If you are sick or have a minor injury and need to talk to someone right away, you can access UAMS HealthNow for a video visit with a UAMS Health provider 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To learn more about our Inpatient Rehab Centers, please call 29-REHAB (297-3422).
Why Choose Baptist Inpatient Rehab Centers?
At Baptist, we provide comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services for:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord dysfunction
- Neurological and degenerative disorders
- Orthopedic conditions
- Major multiple trauma
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
Our inpatient rehabilitation program features:
- Board certified rehabilitation physicians who lead the rehab teams which include:
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurses (CRRN)
- Therapists with advanced training and certifications in Stroke, Neuro Therapy, Orthopedics and Amputee Rehabilitation
- A minimum of three hours of therapy to include at least 2 of the following: physical, occupational, and speech therapy at minimum five days a week
- A personalized treatment plan based on your needs
- Family and caregiver training
- Home evaluations, in which staff evaluates your needs and makes recommendations for home equipment/alterations
- Community reintegration activities to better prepare you to function in community
- Psychological services and pastoral care to help you cope with lifestyle changes or spiritual needs
Baptist Inpatient Rehab Centers have been serving San Antonio and the surrounding communities since 1998. They are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation, Stroke (only accredited CARF accredited stroke program in San Antonio), and Inpatient Amputee Rehabilitation (only accredited Amputee program in Texas outside of the VA).
Inpatient Cancer Services
We also provide inpatient rehabilitation services for cancer and work closely with your cancer care team to create a program designed just for you. Your rehabilitation team will consist of a physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor, rehabilitation-certified nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, nutritionists and a psychologist. Your daily schedule will consist of three hours of therapy with the goal of getting you back home. Your rehab team will work closely with your cancer team for the next stage of your recovery.
For more information about our inpatient services, call 29-REHAB (297-3422).
Inpatient Rehab Scope of Services