Cleveland clinic martin health physical therapy
Our rehabilitation and sports therapy team provides the highest level of clinical care in South Florida and the Treasure Coast. We use a compassionate, patient-centered care approach delivered in a comfortable, friendly environment. We assess your unique needs to create a personalized treatment plan that maximizes your function and well-being.
Physical Therapy and Sports Rehab: Why Choose Cleveland Clinic Florida?
When you choose Cleveland Clinic Florida rehabilitation, you benefit from:
- Full-spectrum, individualized care: We offer the full scope of therapy services, including outpatient rehab and inpatient rehab. We also offer specialized physical therapy treatments, such as hand therapy and vestibular therapy, which addresses balance and inner ear disorders. When you choose us, you’ll receive one-on-one therapy sessions. In contrast, most other locations in the region only offer rehab services in group settings with several patients at once.
- Care for pediatric patients: We offer pediatric physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy at select locations throughout the Treasure Coast. Our specialists address the full range of pediatric conditions, such as cleft palate, feeding issues, genetic disorders or stuttering.
- Optimized outcomes: Our therapists offer prehabilitation to optimize your health and strength before surgery. We also provide the post-rehabilitation exercise programming (PREP) Program, a transitional service to help you move from rehab to self-led exercise.
Pediatric Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy and Audiology
Cleveland Clinic in Florida has a specialized team of therapists who treat infants, babies and children with developmental delays and various neurological, orthopedic and speech conditions. Our team consists of pediatric occupational, physical and speech therapists, and an audiologist. Families are encouraged to be involved in their child’s therapy by participating in treatment sessions and working with the child at home.
We provide therapy services for children who have the following conditions:
- Attention deficit disorder
- Cerebral palsy
- Cleft palate
- Down syndrome
- Feeding problems
- Genetic disorders
- Head injury
- Newborn screening
- Orthopaedic and neurological conditions
- Spina bifida
- Sensory integration disorders
- Speech, articulation and stuttering disorders
- Tic Disorder and Tourette Syndrome
To schedule an appointment, please call 772.223.5677. We accept payment from major medical insurance carriers, Medicaid and Part C Funding (Early Intervention Program).
Martin Pediatric Rehabilitation Center at St. Lucie West Blvd. – 772.223.5677
Martin Pediatric Rehabilitation Center at Jensen Beach – 772.223.5677
Medical Fitness Centers
Medical Fitness Centers
We offer medical fitness programs at two locations in Palm City and Hobe Sound. We are the only medically directed fitness center in the Treasure Coast with specialty-trained personnel. Our centers were the first medical fitness facilities in Florida to be certified with the Medical Fitness Association. This certification means we offer the highest-quality staff and programming under medical oversight.
We offer a full range of fitness center services including exercise classes and SilverSneakers® memberships. Physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists provide medical fitness programs that bridge the gap between health care and fitness. We support you from post-rehab through continued recovery, offering carefully developed, customized personal training. Our trainers can help with:
- Integrating an exercise program into your treatment plan.
- Managing chronic disease.
- Preventing and treating disease with mental health, social interaction and spirituality.
We offer programming for patients of all ages and in all stages of life. Our trainers have special certifications to work with:
- Cancer patients and cancer survivors.
- Bariatric surgery patients.
- People with diabetes, Parkinson’s disease or cardiovascular conditions.
- Rehab patients, including those in cardiac programs or who have completed rehabilitation.
Our specialists provide comprehensive treatment for sports injuries and orthopaedic conditions. We commit to helping you improve strength and function while reducing pain. Therapy options may include:
Physical therapists evaluate your strength, range of motion and function. Then we customize treatment to meet your needs and goals. Treatment may include:
- Electrical stimulation, which uses mild electrical impulses to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Exercises, including observed and at-home exercises to increase strength and range of motion.
- Low-level laser therapy, which uses infrared light to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Pain management, such as massage or hot and cold therapy.
- Ultrasound therapy, which sends deep heating to your soft tissues to reduce pain and promote healing.
Occupational therapists help improve your fine motor skills and day-to-day function. Treatment may include:
- Adaptive equipment to assist with everyday needs, such as tools that assist with dressing.
- Exercise plans to increase your strength and reduce pain.
- Home adjustments to create an environment where you can move about more easily.
- Personalized goal-setting to help you return to daily activities.
Our occupational therapists may offer mobility assessments for walking or driving. We may go through a simulation where we run through real-time driving scenarios to test braking or turning. We provide recommendations for driving fitness, as well as offer adaptive equipment if needed.
Our certified hand therapists (CHTs) are experts in helping you regain functionality and motor skills after surgery or injury. Treatment may include:
- Fluidotherapy, a type of dry heat therapy.
- Grip-strengthening exercises.
- Nighttime braces or splints.
- Stretches to increase range of motion and reduce pain.
Therapists may use hands-on techniques to reduce inflammation and promote tissue repair. Common manual therapy treatments include:
- Myofascial release, applying sustained pressure to certain body parts to relieve inflammation and increase blood circulation.
- Soft tissue mobilization, using stretching and deep pressure to help relax your muscles and break up tense muscle tissue.
- Spinal and joint mobilization, manually moving your joints in specific directions to increase mobility and decrease tension.
Spine injury and back pain therapy
We offer therapy services to people with chronic back pain, neck pain or spinal disorders. We tailor your treatment plan, using effective approaches such as:
- Body mechanic or postural corrections, including adjustments to how you sit, stand, walk or bend.
- Cervical and lumbar mechanical traction, using weights or pulleys to stretch the spine, relieving neck pain and muscle spasms.
- Core stabilization exercises, including in-office and at-home exercise plans to increase core strength and reduce back or neck pain.
- Home exercise programs, a prescribed set of movements to increase your strength, flexibility and range of motion.
- Joint or soft tissue mobilization, manually applying pressure to your muscles or moving your joints in specific directions to relieve pain and increase mobility.
- Stretching and flexibility exercises, including a set of prescribed movements to practice regularly at home.
Martin Health opened the South Hospital on Salerno Road in Stuart in 1992. This 100-bed hospital treats patients with major illnesses or injuries and life-threatening symptoms. Its emergency department is staffed 24 hours a day with emergency medicine physicians, physician assistants and emergency nurses.
This hospital is home to the Martin Health Orthopaedic Specialty Center, a comprehensive program dedicated to helping patients regain independence following orthopaedic surgery.
The Martin Hospital South location offers the following:
- Emergency services
- Intensive care unit
- Diagnostic imaging, CT
- Laboratory services
- Physical and occupational therapy for adults
- Martin Health Physician Group practices (primary care, pediatric, endocrinology)
- Health and Fitness Center
Martin Hospital South features 100 beds and treats patients with major illnesses, injuries and life-threatening symptoms. Many orthopaedic surgical cases are performed at Hospital South. An emergency department is staffed 24 hours a day with emergency medicine physicians, physician assistants and emergency nurses.
Orthopaedic Specialty Center
A coordinated program for people with treatable joint disorders brings together surgery, rehabilitation and fitness for hip and knee replacements. A comprehensive program helps to restore independence. The Orthopaedic Specialty Center at Martin Health in 2012 and 2010 earned the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for disease-specific care certification for joint replacement of the hip and knee.
Hospital South features MAKOplasty. This innovative technology utilizes an interactive robotic arm, which provides incredible precision and improved results for partial knee resurfacing. The advanced surgical tool provides a minimally invasive alternative to total knee arthroplasty or manual partial knee resurfacing for patients with early to mid-stage osteoarthritis of the knee.
The Martin Health System Center for Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery is a multidisciplinary team of surgeons, physicians, dietitians and other health care professionals dedicated to the comprehensive treatment of morbid obesity.
Martin Health System features primary care and pediatric care physicians, as well as specialists in endocrinology in the Patricia Lichtenberger Medical Plaza located next to Hospital South at 2150 SE Salerno Rd.
Diagnostic Imaging Services
Hospital South provides a full array of diagnostic imaging services that include digital mammography, ultrasound, CT multislice scan, general radiography and nuclear medicine.
The Martin Health System laboratory at Hospital South is open 365 days a year to provide prompt results on specimens and blood samples. Because tests are processed locally, 24 hours a day, we provide timely and reliable results to physicians within 24 to 48 hours.
The laboratory has some of the most advanced equipment available, including the state-of-the-art Bayer Track system, which integrates computerized and advanced robotics technology to route and manage patient samples to complete tests in half the normal time. This system can perform more than 100 different types of tests.
Physical and occupational therapy for adults are available at Hospital South. Services include: osteoarthritis rehabilitation, balance training, lymphedema massage, Spine Six chair for back problems, aquatic rehabilitation, Triton spinal decompression and oncology rehabilitation.
Health and Fitness Center
This location features medical fitness with specially trained staff available to assist members. The fitness centers offer various workout classes, including aerobics, pilates and more. Health and fitness staff are available to develop personal exercise programs for members.
Through one-on-one consultation with both a diabetes registered nurse as well as a registered dietitian, individuals are able to improve diabetes self-care skills and enhance their quality of life. Our programs for adult, pediatric and gestational diabetes are recognized by the American Diabetes Association.
Cleveland Clinic Martin Health provides a wide range of health care resources close to home. Our facilities are conveniently located for residents of the Treasure Coast and provide access to vital medical care.
Our specialists treat various types of diseases and disorders including adrenal gland disorders, diabetes, hypoglycemia, metabolic syndrome, osteoporosis, pituitary gland disorders and thyroid disorders.
Family Physicians are uniquely trained to care for you as a whole person, regardless of your age or sex. The cornerstone of family medicine is an ongoing, personal relationship between you and your doctor. We will work together to achieve the best possible health outcomes in the most cost-effective manner.
No matter how common or complex your medical condition, our Internal Medicine teams work in collaboration with other Cleveland Clinic specialists to coordinate and manage your care.
Our unique expertise and unsurpassed technology are available to help care for patients, from offering the earliest possible diagnosis to helping assess and manage treatment plans.
Our team consists of pediatric occupational, physical and speech therapists, and an audiologist. Families are encouraged to be involved in their child’s therapy by participating in treatment sessions and working with the child at home.
Our patient care team is committed to providing quality, efficient health care to our patients, while increasing access and communication to ensure that all patient and family needs are met.
Our facilities offer state-of-the-art rehabilitation equipment and the space needed for advanced functional therapy techniques.
We understand that selecting a primary care physician who meets your health care needs can be challenging. With more than 30 physicians specializing in Family Practice and Internal Medicine, we are confident one of the Martin Health Physician Group primary care physicians will meet your health care needs.
Pulmonary Function Testing
We screen patients at risk for lung disease, evaluate their symptoms and the effect of lung disease on lung function, assess the value of respiratory treatments, and monitor for reactions to drugs that are known to damage the lungs. We ensure our patients are as comfortable as possible during the testing process.
Pulmonary rehabilitation is a program that is designed to help people with a chronic lung disease learn how to breathe easier and improve quality of life.
Treatment options for the full range of cancer types including: Brachytherapy, Radiosurgery, Hyperthermia, Image Guidance, Intraoperative, Intravascular, Eye Plaque, Gamma Knife, TheraSphere, and Total Body Irradiation
Radiation Thera Rehabilitation
Radiation therapy, along with chemotherapy and surgery, is one of the most important tools we use to treat cancer. With targeted beams of energy, radiation therapy zeroes in on cancerous cells while sparing as much healthy tissue around it as possible.
Outpatient speech therapists at Cleveland Clinic Martin Health are here to help you regain skills which will enable you to rebuild your confidence and quality of life. We are highly specialized and trained in the latest methods and techniques to help restore function and independence.
We offer a wide array of Women’s Health services including the use of minimally invasive surgical techniques, treatments for infertility, menstrual disorders, urogynecology and pelvic floor disorders, menopause and more.