Are you interested in learning about psychology? Do you want to pursue a career in this fascinating and rewarding field? Then the Geneseo Psychology Major may be just what you’re looking for.
At Geneseo, we offer a comprehensive and rigorous psychology program designed to prepare students for a wide range of career paths. Our program provides a solid foundation in the theories, methods, and applications of psychology, and emphasizes critical thinking, analytical skills, and research competence.
To obtain a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Geneseo, students must complete at least 44 credits in psychology, including:
- PSYC 100: Introduction to Psychology
- PSYC 211: Research Methods and Statistics
- PSYC 355: Abnormal Psychology
- PSYC 356: Social Psychology
- PSYC 457: Capstone Seminar in Psychology
In addition, students must complete at least one course from each of the following categories:
- Biological Bases of Behavior
- Cognitive Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Personality and Individual Differences
Students also have the opportunity to take a variety of elective courses in areas such as:
- Forensic Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Industrial-Organizational Psychology
- Positive Psychology
At Geneseo, we place a strong emphasis on research and provide students with many opportunities to gain hands-on experience in conducting psychological research. Students can work closely with faculty members on research projects, participate in internships and practicums, and present their research at regional and national conferences.
A degree in psychology from Geneseo can open up many exciting career paths in fields such as:
- Counseling and Clinical Psychology
- Education and Teaching
- Human Resources
- Marketing and Advertising
- Nonprofit and Community Organizations
- Research and Development
Don’t just take our word for it. Here are some testimonials from current and former Geneseo psychology majors:
- "The psychology program at Geneseo has given me the skills and knowledge I need to pursue my dream of becoming a clinical psychologist."
- "The research opportunities at Geneseo have allowed me to explore my interests and gain valuable experience that will help me in my future career."
- "I never thought I would be interested in neuroscience, but the courses I took at Geneseo opened up a whole new world of possibilities for me."
- "The faculty members in the psychology department are always available to answer questions and provide guidance. They truly care about their students’ success."
If you’re interested in psychology and want to pursue a rewarding career in this field, the Geneseo Psychology Major may be the perfect program for you. With a rigorous curriculum, hands-on research opportunities, and a wide range of career paths, a degree in psychology from Geneseo can help you achieve your goals and make a difference in the world.