Anxiety & Stress Management Specialist
“I’ve taken nearly all the ASCA U Specialist trainings. I’m a huge fan of these courses; they are so relevant and informative for our day to day work!”
– Jennifer Luecke
Location: Online, Self-paced
Anxiety disorders affect one in eight children and teens and more than a quarter of teens report experiencing extreme stress during the school year. Research shows that anxiety, if left untreated, can drastically affect a student’s ability to succeed in school. Whether it’s the perfectionist who fears receiving less than an A+ on an assignment, or the adolescent who’s overly self-conscious and feels judged by her peers, or the first-grader who panics when his mother drops him off for school, anxiety can take many shapes and forms. School counselors play a critical role in promoting calmness and encouragement to their anxious students. Learn proven strategies for both individual and group counseling with students affected by anxiety. View the Specialist syllabus.
Upon completion of this training, you should be able to:
- Identify different types of anxiety, the difference between anxiety and stress, and good vs. bad anxiety
- Explain how anxiety can affect students’ academic achievement, college and career readiness and social/emotional development
- List relaxation techniques and strategies that reframe tests as opportunities for students
- Determine whether students are in low stress, medium stress or at the red zone/crisis level
- Teach students how to assess their stress level quickly and effectively
- Describe various interventions to use with students
- Recognize when to collaborate with parents/guardians, teachers, administrators or involve outside help
The Anxiety & Stress Management Specialist training is $99 ($249 for nonmembers) and is equal to 5 CEUs/50 Contact Hours. Purchase now.
Graduate credit is available for an additional fee.
If you feel anxious, stressed, or out of control, then this course is for you. Many of us make or force things to happen to make us feel safe and at ease. However, this comfort rarely lasts and only perpetuates the need to control and your world or anxiety symptoms.
Meditation is an excellent tool for anxiety because it’s emphasis on present-moment awareness, offers an alternative view-point, and a different, new, state of being. With a bit of understanding and practice, you’ll be surprised how quickly meditation and mindfulness can produce such profound change.
You have the power within to foster the change you want!
What To Expect:
The Meditation for Anxiety Management course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about meditation and how it can be used to manage and reduce anxiety. It can be for those who personally suffer from anxiety or practitioners who work with such individuals.
Meditation for anxiety management course will provide an understanding of:
- What meditation and mindfulness are
- The difference between stress and anxiety
- The physiological process that activates the flight or fight response and changes that occur with stress
- How the fight or flight response can lead to anxiety
- How meditation fosters physical and mental change that reduces anxiety symptoms
- Common misconceptions of meditation to help encourage your clientele to begin a meditative practice
- Steps to meditate
- Five (5) audio guided meditations and scripts available
Continuing Education for Yoga Therapists
This course is currently under review for approval as an IAYT Approved Professional Development continuing education course. Competency areas covered are:
- Category 2.1 Anatomy and Physiology
- Category 2.3 Psychology and Mental Health
- Category 2.5 Body and Mind Integration
- Category 3.1 Yoga Therapy Tools
If you already are a health provider or healer, you’ll be able to quickly apply these concepts into your practice.
Who this is course is for:
- Those interested in meditation mindfulness training
- Anyone who wants to reduce stress and anxiety
- Those who want to be empowered or achieve mental wellbeing
- Existing healthcare providers or healers who want to offer alternative tools for anxiety management
- No prior meditation knowledge or experience needed
If you would like to learn more about this course or have any questions or concerns, contact Stephanie Gutzmer of Wholistic Care today at [email protected].
Supplemental and Reference Materials:
Bruce Lipton, PhD. The Biology of Belief. California: Hay House, 2005.
Charles Duhigg. The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business. New York: Random House, 2014.
Horovitz, Ellen and Elgelid, Staffan. Yoga Therapy: Theory and Practice. New York: Routledge, 2015.
Jon Kabat-Zinn. Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness. New York: Bantam Books, 2013.
Stress and anxiety are two of the most common problems that millions of people encounter today. If you are one of those who suffer to effectively manage stress and anxiety throughout different aspects of your day, this course is ideal for you. In times of pandemic, one may face mental illness and anxiety and may exhibit unusual behaviours. This extensive course will help you understand individual experiences of stress, anxiety disorders and the techniques and treatments to cope with stress.
This comprehensive stress and anxiety management course covers the psychology of stress and anxiety in-depth, as well as how to recognise and detect the stress and anxiety that your body is experiencing. You will study how a good diet and exercise play a pivotal role in reducing stress. This comprehensive course will also help you discover the difference between stress and anxiety. You’ll also learn the prevalent forms of therapy and procedures that are currently thought to be the most effective in therapeutic practice, including how to swiftly reduce the state of ‘panic’ or ‘anxiety’ using various breathing techniques.
Upon successful completion of this stress and anxiety management course, you will gain adequate knowledge of anxiety and stress management methods to deal with people suffering from any kind of mental illness.
This course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries.
This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
- Designed by expert professionals
- Accredited by the CPD Certification Service and IPHM
- Endorsed by Quality Licence Scheme
- Recognised and Valuable Certification
- Self-Paced Online Distance Learning
- High-Quality E-Learning Study Materials
- Interactive Video Training
- Approximate duration of about 5 Hours
Who is this stress and anxiety management course for?
This stress and anxiety management course is primarily aimed at:
- Academic Advisor
- Students of psychology
- Anyone who works in a therapeutic setting
- Employer or employee looking to implement stress management in workplaces
This course is, however, not restricted to a particular profession or field of endeavour. It may also benefit a larger range of people interested in learning more about anxiety and stress management in order to effectively manage their own stress and anxiety as well as help others around them cope with stress and anxiety.
Aims and Learning Outcomes of this Stress and Anxiety Management Course Online
By the end of this stress and anxiety management course, you will:
- Understand the difference between good and bad stress
- Learn what is stress and how it impacts individuals
- Know why people experience stress differently
- Discover the relationship between stress and burnout
- Understand the methods to cope with stress as an individual
- Know how addictions contribute to stress
- Understand why people are unable to cope with stress
- Get to know different stress management techniques such as breathing, stress-reducing techniques, or medication
- Know the types of anxiety disorders are such as generalised anxiety disorder, panic disorder or addictions
Who is this diploma in stress and anxiety management course for?
This comprehensive course is suitable for those who want to pursue their career in anxiety and stress management or anyone who wants to enhance their knowledge on stress management and anxiety in general.
- There are no academic entry requirements for this stress and anxiety management course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- However, you are required to have a laptop/desktop/tablet or smartphone and a good internet connection.
This stress and anxiety management course assesses learners through multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Upon successful completion of the modules, learners must answer MCQs to complete the assessment procedure. Through the MCQs, it is measured how much a learner could grasp from each section. In the assessment pass mark is 60%.
Why you should buy this course from Lead Academy?
We persistently make sure that you have an easy and comfortable experience. You can access the following support upon purchasing this course:
We have active customer support in the form of live chat that you can access and enjoy 24/7.
With all of our courses, you’ll receive access to our committed and dedicated tutor support benefit whenever you require it. You can email us with your query and our wide range of experienced and expert tutors will address your concern accordingly
We Are Unbeaten By Price And Quality
Quality worth the price:
We assure you to provide the best experience in accordance with the value you are paying for the course.
If you are not satisfied with the quality of the course, we have a money-back guarantee option. This option is subject to a time limit of 14 days (according to the terms and conditions).
If your course costs above £50, you can also access the instalment option to pay your amount with 3 instalments.